Thursday, September 11, 2014

:: Thrifty Finds-Inside, Outside, Moving & Estate Sales


Thrifty shopping is always on my list of things to do; I love looking for a bargain. I made a few purchases in the past week.


DSCF4487

The beautiful bowl; very delicate and pretty!
It looks a little ‘fleshy’ or pink color here…but it’s not. It’s really a creamy white with 24 kt gold trim…

Not one chip on it.  Probably will go in the shop—once I get around to re-stocking it. It’s by Lenox.
 
DSCF4489
Three books!  I haven’t bought books lately.
Except for Dr. Seuss books for the Littles… :)
I haven’t read for leisure in years, either.  My brother had told me that he and my SIL recently watched the movie DIVERGENT.  I’ve not seen it but it sounded pretty good.   So. when I saw this copy of it at a yard sale for .50¢  I bought it!  I’ve been reading it this week when I get a chance.  Usually in the evenings.  I’m enjoying it so far.  

DSCF4490

GESUNDHEIT!  BY  Patch Adams M.D.  and Maureen Mylander.  His personal story about his practice and facility.  I normally wouldn’t have bought such a book—but  I saw the movie with Robin Williams, and was a fan of his.  With his recent passing, I thought this would be  an interesting book to read. Crazy, I know! A sentimental purchase. 
The last book I bought for the survival tips and ideas for RV’ers.    I hope it has some good information in it.

Same yard sale,I had the good fortune of finding a pair of pants to fit me.  Since June I’ve already lost about 10 or 12 lbs!  So finding a smaller pair of capris at the end of summer… was wonderful.  $2 bucks for a pair of St. Johns Bay pants… not too shabby! 

DSCF4483
The cute little hook they’re hanging on was also a thrift find.  It and the bowl both came from one of favorite thrifty places to shop—Bargain-land, USA! (Bargains a’plenty!)  I haven’t shopped there in almost a year… I was thrilled about getting to go there.

Really, I was just thrilled to go yard sale-ing and thrift shopping in general.  I was super thrilled about finding pants that fit me! :)

Bargain Land is outside shopping;it used to be twice monthly, but now is only 1 time a month.  I like it unless its SUPER HOT.    The pants and books came from a moving sale, there were lots of household items for sale INSIDE;  but it’s weird walking through peoples homes looking at their items for sale.
  • Are there still plenty of yard sales going on in your neck of the woods? 
  •  Is it nice enough for outside shopping…?
  • How do you feel about moving sales held indoors or estate sales?   Are they weird to you?    
Til next time, Be Blessed!



Linking here:  Thrifty Life Thursday @ Revisionary Life

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Be anxious for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanks giving let your request be made unto to God; And the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension will guard your heart and minds in Christ Jesus.  ~~ Philippians 4:6-7

8 comments:

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Great find, especially jealous of your jeans. I am not thin but need the petite or "short" cut or the crotch is too long. It is so hard to find that at thrift stores! We had an estate sale indoors after my grandmother died and the family took the pieces they wanted. It was a whole house full of things so we just opened it up to the small town community to let people wander through and select anything that they were interested in. It worked out well. Almost everyone knew her anyway. The funniest thing was the dumpster divers. Really, I would dumpster dive and there was nothing worth diving for in what we threw out. Some people found things though, better for us too since you pay to dump by weight!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Yesterday it poured down rain all day and night. Not good for going out. I'm still busy preserving here too, but may get a break next week. Our tomatoes are finally slowing down, but I still have to can potatoes and freeze carrots. I am longing for a getaway weekend with Hubby. We can't get to the island on account of the campground being booked solid. Looks like everyone else had the same idea too. I love your finds!

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Great finds - especially the bowl.

I have no problem what so ever about going into houses for estate sales. I like poking around and looking for stuff. I figure, they opened the house for you to do that, so have at it! :-)

Sunny Simple Life said...

RV snowbirds?? You hittin the road??

My Repurposed Life said...

yay for great bargains! congrats on the weight loss.... ohhh how I wish I was there with ya. :)

yard sales? would you believe Summer is over and I haven't been to a single one. I am over flowing with junk, so I just can't bring anything else home unless it's free!

gail

A Daughter of the King said...

Lighter and richer, smarter and healthier..that's you! I'm so excited about your wellness journey.

White Lace and Promises said...

This piece would be perfect on my dresser in the pink room.

Revi said...

Kudos on your weight loss! Love that hook...and I always buy books with good intentions of reading them...and read some, but not all.